Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Menopause - Finding Relief From Mood Swings


I looked in the mirror and wondered, what happened to the sweet, kind and loving person that I used to be. How did I become so mean and unkind? What has happened to me? Ah yes! The nasty menopause mood swings were to blame. But what could I do to get back to my old self? Something has to be done immediately - I can't take this anymore (and my husband is not real thrilled with me either).

I'm not one to take drugs; there must be a natural remedy for this problem. So on to the computer I went to research my options. There is a lot of information to sort through. It is mostly about hot flashes and night sweats. Fortunately I made it through those symptoms after a year of suffering. I found that the black cohosh and soymilk did help me. Walking every day for 30 to 45 minutes did wonders for my hot flashes and also helped the terrible insomnia that plagued me since menopause.

I did notice that all of my menopausal symptoms (hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, insomnia) got worse when I would get stressed. So maybe getting rid of the stress is part of the solution. I researched many different natural stress relievers and was impressed with the results people had with meditation. I have never done meditation before so I decided that I would try a few of the meditation tapes. I found several sites that had sample meditation tapes that could be downloaded for free. So I bought an MP3 player and downloaded the meditation sample recordings. You may think that I'm exaggerating (I'm not) but after listening to the recordings the first day I felt an immediate calm come over me. It was amazing! I am now hooked on meditation tapes. I purchased the full versions of the sample tapes that helped me the most and now I take an hour (or half hour if I'm pressed for time) out of my day to listen to them. Every once in a while I have a crazy day and don't get to listen and I can feel the stress creeping up again.

You owe it to yourself (and your family) to take time out for meditation. You will be pleasantly surprised. I now also listen to Brain Entrainment and Dream Programming tapes which have also helped me tremendously; but that's for another article. Finding meditation has been a true blessing for me. I am back to my old sweet self and feel better about myself than I have in years. I hope you will give it a try - you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment